Shipping Rates and Delivery
Carrick Family Bookshop reserves the right to review and update these shipping rates and delivery details periodically without notice. Any modifications to these details in whole or in part will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended delivery details on this website.
You should visit this page periodically to review the then-current delivery details.
Shipping Charges for 30 Day Account Holders
This only applies to customers affiliated with organisations such as schools, parishes or other organisations. Individual customers need to pay immediately at the time of purchase and items will only be dispatched once payment has been confirmed.
- For all 30 day account paying customers’ non web orders invoiced offline at our office will be charged according to the weight of your parcel and your postcode. This can vary to web order postage costs as some parcels can cost as little as $8.50 if weighing under 500gms.
- Please choose the Offline Orders button at the checkout for this to happen or download our order form from our website or send in your own order form via email to email@example.com or phone to 1800 813 022.
General Shipping Charges in Australia for all Website orders
- For all web orders of $50 or less a flat rate fee of $8.50 will apply.
- For all web orders over $50 to $120 a flat rate fee of $15 will apply.
- For all web orders over $120 a flat rate fee of $19.99 will apply.
- Express post costs will differ from that quoted above. Please contact us 1800 813 022 for a quote.
- For special orders or large, heavy, multiple or bulky orders the flat rate fees shown on our shipping costs page will not apply. In such cases please contact us to arrange the shipping costs.
- If you do require a parcel urgently we do offer Express Post to those areas listed on the Express Post next day delivery service with Australia Post.
- Express Post orders will only be processed by us for next day delivery if lodged before 1pm on the day of your order. Otherwise your order may not be posted until the next day as we need time to pick and pack your order before our daily manifest with takes place at 2pm daily.
- Express Post will be charged at our e-parcel contract agreement rate with Australia Post. The Express Post rate is determined by dimensions, weight and postcode.
- If you are uncertain as to costs of Express Post please contact us on 1800 813 022 for a quote.
- All parcels are shipped using e-Parcel with Australia Post and are issued with tracking numbers.
- Letters and large letters do not have tracking numbers available to them.
- If you are concerned about a dispatch of an order that is delayed more than a week, please contact us regarding your tracking number. It is the customers’ responsibility to liaise with Australia Post in relation to date and time of delivery once an order is dispatched.
- Carrick Family Bookshop will not be held responsible for any delays in shipment or inaccurate information provided in relation to date and time of delivery once your order has been dispatched by us, as this is out of our control and becomes the responsibility of Australia Post.
Out of Stock and Unavailable Products
- Despite our best efforts to keep stock levels accurate on our web site, sometimes products may be out of stock or allocated on a back order to another customer or unavailable due to our suppliers no longer carrying those products. This problem can always be avoided by contacting us before placing your order.
- If some or all of the products on your order are out of stock at our store at the time of your order, your order will be placed on a back order shelf and sent to you when all of the products have arrived into stock and we are able to complete your order.
- If this process is going to take longer than 10 business days you will be notified via email or telephone.
- Therefore if your order is urgent please let us know at the time of ordering so that we may be able to contact you immediately to ask you if you would like to replace that product(s) with another similar product(s) that we do have in stock or delete that product(s) from you order altogether.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- It is always advisable to place your orders early to avoid disappointment in availability of products and delivery times.
- Our daily dispatch cuts off at 2pm each day or 1pm for express post. Generally if your order is in before this time and is available it will be dispatched on that day. However, during busy periods please allow 2-3 days before dispatch if all products are in stock, excluding express post.
- Weekend or public holiday orders will be dispatched the next business day.
- Every effort will be made to dispatch your order as soon as possible from the time of receipt of your order.
- Deliveries will not be dispatched until payment has been cleared if using credit card or EFT. Our 30 day account customers are exempt from this clause.
- Delays can happen if product(s) are unavailable or out of stock as mentioned above.
- Local NSW deliveries usually arrive within 1-3 days of dispatch.
- Regional NSW can be between 2-4 days but can take longer depending on your remoteness.
- Other States can take between 2-5 days depending on location.
- Please note all of the above times are just estimates and can vary throughout the year especially at Christmas and other heavy parcel delivery times of the year.
- We cannot be held responsible for delays once your order has been dispatched at Australia Post as it then becomes the responsibility of Australia Post.
- Please note that parcels sent by Express Post and Parcel Post can take longer than usual with Covid-19 lockdowns and disruptions to postal services.
Currently we do not ship orders internationally.